The end of Jorge Jesús and the next day of Benfica

Manos Staramopoulos • 29 de diciembre de 2021

The SL Benfica head coach has been fired in his second stage at the lisbon club

Jorge Jesús, ex head coach SL Benfica

Jorge Jesús from the technical leadership of Benfica is now a thing of the past. The management of the great team of Lisbon in an extraordinary press conference given at noon on Tuesday (28/12), said goodbye to Jesus, who addressed football players and fans and said "I thought I was the solution and not the problem".


Jesús, is therefore a thing of the past in his second term in the Lisbon Eagles. The club issued an announcement announcing the development, while a little later it said goodbye to the 67-year-old coach.


"This project I am leaving has come to an end. I came to Benfica always believing that I am the solution and not the problem. For the benefit of Benfica and the interest of all, I think this decision is the best for everyone. Life "I will continue to work with love and passion. It was a great honor to return to this stadium and defend Benfica's interests," said the Portuguese coach.


It was preceded by the president of the Lusitanians, Rui Costa, who appeared dissatisfied with this development:


"It was not the outcome we wanted. We worked hard to reach the end of the year and achieve our goal. This day ended in the best way for both sides. I want to publicly thank Jorge Jesus  and the technical staff for their devotion ".


The two men hugged on the sidelines of the press conference, which essentially closes the second chapter of Jesús in the club. At a formal level, however, the two sides will continue to have a professional relationship, as Benfica, based on the contract it has signed with Jesús, will continue to pay his salary, until he finds a new team to continue his career.


The point that played the main role in the removal of Jesus  was the footballers who stood in front of him, and refused to train, after his decision to remove one of the leaders (Pizzi). Since then the situation in the locker rooms was on the verge, as they looked like a cauldron ready to be blown up by too much boiling. And so the two sides agreed on the end of their cooperation and the coach of the B 'team, Nelson Verisimo, to take over until the end of the season. Jesus  was in a very difficult position after the crash in the derby from Porto (3-0) for the Cup and the divorce was the only solution ...


It is a fact, however, that Jesus  "paid" for the team's recent unsuccessful results in domestic competitions. Benfica qualified for the "16" of the UEFA  Champions League, where they will face Ajax. However, on December 3, they lost 3-1 at home in the Lisbon derby to (the title holder) Sporting CP, in the context of the 13th game in the Primeira Liga, as a result of which they are at -4 from the top of the league standings.


Then last week the "eagles" were defeated 3-0 by Porto in "Dragao", in a "knockout" match for the "16" phase of the Portuguese Cup, and "said goodbye" to the event, while its management On the eve of the match, Benfica had to refute the rumors about an agreement between Jesus and Flamengo for his return to the club of Rio de Janeiro.


Of course, this club will not be Flamengo, although there have been discussions in the past few days. It may be the Brazilian champions Atletico Mineiro, however, from whom Kouka leaves and is said to have come in contact with Jesus. A little patience and we will find out where Jesus will work….


   Post recientes


Xabi Alonso
Por Juan Carlos QB 16 de mayo de 2026
Xabi Alonso, ficha por el Chelsea como nuevo Director Técnico hasta 2030. Tendrá plenos poderes en el plano deportivo y en el mercado de altas y bajas en el club.
Antoine Semenyo
Por Discoveryfootball.com 16 de mayo de 2026
Octavo título de FA Cup para los "Citizens" que vencieron al Chelsea en Wembley con gol de Antoine Semenyo. Hasta 3 penaltis a favor de los "Blues" sin sanción.
La Selección Colombia Femenina Sub 20
Por Discoveryfootball.com 16 de mayo de 2026
La Selección Colombia Femenina Sub 20 se enfrentará a Corea del Norte, Portugal y Costa Rica en la cita de septiembre del presente año en Polonia. Mundial Sub 20
Kees Smit
Por Juan Carlos QB 16 de mayo de 2026
Kees Smit, está listo por cualidades para dar un salto cualitativo en su carrera tras explotar con fuerza en el AZ Alkmaar. El Mundial 2026 podría ser el inicio.
 Nestor Lorenzo
Por Juan Carlos QB 14 de mayo de 2026
El seleccionador "Cafetero" Nestor Lorenzo, presentó una prelista de 55 jugadores de la que saldrá la lista definitiva de 26 que estarán en la Copa del Mundo.
Phil Foden
Por Juan Carlos QB 14 de mayo de 2026
Phil Foden, fue de nuevo títular en Premier League con el Manchester City y en un juego crucial ante el Crystal Palace, volvió a ser un jugador decisivo. Talento.
Marco Rossi
Por Manos Staramopoulos 12 de mayo de 2026
Interview with the Italian coach Marco Rossi who spoke with Manos Staramopoulos, chief editor of Discoveryfootball.com about various topics of international football
Kyriakos Dourekas
Por Manos Staramopoulos 10 de mayo de 2026
Exclusive Interview with Kyriakos Dourekas, CEO of NEOM that speaks about various topics related to international football. Champions League and FIFA World Cup.
El Barça
Por Juan Carlos QB 10 de mayo de 2026
El Barça ha conquistado su título de liga número 29 ante el eterno rival al que le ha asestado el golpe de gracia en plena etapa de crisis. Victoria 2-0 con creces