The reactions to FIFA World Cup plans every 2 years

Manos Staramopoulos • 18 de octubre de 2021

The worldwide federations reacted to the desire for a World Cup every two years

Gianni Infantino FIFA President

UEFA, CONMEBOL and the IOC, as stated by its President Thomas Bach, seem determined to react to FIFA's plans to host the World Cup every two years, even if the world federation receives the support of most football federations in December.


"The proposals will harm any form of football and will underestimate the organization itself. This idea has all the hallmarks of a decision that FIFA wants to make quickly, leaving the rest of the football world to regret it later. Any sense of attraction is superficial, while the pitfalls are huge. "UEFA will continue to oppose it until common sense prevails and the plans are abandoned," UEFA said in a statement to Reuters.


Sources close to FIFA say that its president Gianni Infantino is confident that he can win the majority, with the support of the Confederations of Africa (CAF), Asia (AFC) and North-Central America and the Caribbean (CONCACAF).


But it seems that the task may prove more difficult, as in Europe (UEFA) and South America (CONMEBOL) clubs, leagues and federations are convinced that they can stop the plan, regardless of the outcome of the vote, increasing the prospect of a major rift. in the world of world football.  Infantino, does not seem to be retreating and held meetings with South American federations yesterday, Friday.


Meanwhile citing three key concerns, the International Olympic Committee (IOC) has expressed strong reservations about FIFA's plans to host the World Cup every two years, calling for wider consultation with the world federation.


The IOC described its main concerns as the negative impact it would have on other sports, gender equality and player well-being / health, and did not mention the potential impact on the Olympic men's soccer tournament if the World Cup two years.


"The IOC shares these concerns and supports the calls of football players, international sports federations and major tournament organizers for a broader consultation, including representatives of athletes, which has obviously not taken place," the ILO said.


FIFA head of football development Arsene Wenger revealed for the first time this summer FIFA's intention to investigate the possibility of holding a World Cup every two years, and the opposition has been steadily growing since then.


Several federations, leagues, players, coaches have publicly expressed opposition to the plan, which FIFA has continued to publicly support, having in turn secured strong support.


   Post recientes


Nico  O`Reilly new star of Manchester City
Por Manos Staramopoulos 2 de abril de 2025
Nico O’Reilly is the reason why Manchester City did not exit the FA Cup and overturned Bournemouth, winning 2-1 to reach the semi-final at Wembley on 26 or 27 April
Carlo Ancelotti coach of Real Madrid`s
Por Manos Staramopoulos 27 de marzo de 2025
Brazil wants a new head coach after the defeat against Argentina 4-1 in Monumental Stadium. The italian coach is number one candidate.
James Rodriguez, fue uno de los jugadores de más bajo rendimiento  de Colombia ante Paraguay.
Por Juan Carlos Quiñonez Bonilla 26 de marzo de 2025
Colombia, termina esta fecha de eliminatorias confirmando que su nivel futbolistico sigue en picada. Y lo más preocupante es que no hay visos de recuperación. Nublado a nivel de ideas.
España igualó a dos con Países Bajos en la ida de cuartos de final de la UEFA Europa League.
Por Juan Carlos Quiñonez Bonilla 20 de marzo de 2025
La selección campeona de Europa extendió su racha de partidos invicto a 17, tras igualar a dos con los Países Bajos en Rotterdam
Gustavo Matosos en su etapa como entrenadxdor del CD León en 2014.
Por Teofilo Barrientos 18 de marzo de 2025
El entrenador de origen argentino fue determinante en el ascenso del Léon a la Primera División mexicana.
El Club Léon es el  principal escolta del América en la Liga MX.
Por Teófilo Barrientos 17 de marzo de 2025
El cuadro liderado por James Rodríguez, se enfrentará en Los Ángeles al Municipal de Guatemala.
Antonio Rudiger anotó  el  gol del triunfo en  la tanda de penaltis ante Atlético Madrid.
Por Juan Carlos Quiñonez Bonilla 12 de marzo de 2025
En una actuación floja en todo el partido, el cuadro de Carlo Ancelotti, tan sólo fue superior a su rival en la tanda de penaltis en donde venció 2-4. La polémica no faltó con un gol de penalti anulado a Julián Álvarez. Atlético Madrid mereció más.
Gigi Donnarumma goalkeeper of PSG
Por Manos Staramopoulos 12 de marzo de 2025
Donnarumma was the star of PSG's journey to the quarter-finals of UEFA Champions League.
FC Barcelona  will play qualified to Quarter finals offf Champions League.
Por Manos Staramopoulos 12 de marzo de 2025
Barça, qualified for the quarter-finals of the UEFA Champions League on Tuesday (11/3), scoring 3 goals against Benfica.
Share by: