The advisers suggested to Bartomeu to take Dembele instead of Mbappe

Manos Staramopoulos • 18 de octubre de 2021

Josep María Bartomeu former president FC Barcelona speaks about different items of last year`s of his club

Ousmane Dembelé and Kylian Mbappé with France

It seems that it will be a long time before things calm down in Barcelona. The departure of Lionel Messi on the one hand, the tragic finances on the other and the unsuccessful results, although in their last game Ronald Koeman's team managed to turn the game around and prevailed (31) of Valencia, do not leave the big club alone of Catalonia.


Now its former president,  Josep Maria Bartomeu, after the decision to postpone the resolution for a loan of 1.5 billion euros based on the "Espai Barsa" plan for October 23, came out and talked about many different things. He even stressed that during his days, Barcelona had the opportunity to acquire to Kylian Mbappe in the summer of 2017 (when Nevmar left), but his technical advisers preferred to suggest and acquire (as it happened) Ousmane Dembele!.


Mr Bartomeu, who has been and continues to be the target of a barrage of verbal attacks, has talked about how the ecosystem damage reached € 481 million for 2020-21 and how he considers Barcelona's dire financial situation to be one. simple complication due to Covid-19.


Speaking to the TV channel "Esport3", the former president of the Catalans referred to the debt, to the mistakes he made but also to the departure of Ernesto Valverde, which he agreed with the footballers. But let us see in detail what Mr. Bartomeu said, first of all about the Frenchman Kylian Mbappe.


"His signature was on the table, but the coaching staff chose Dembele because they wanted a player who could give the pitch a wide range. It was not a good decision for Messi to leave. I struggled a lot to get him to stay. It was a time when he wanted to leave the club and told me he did not know where he wanted to go, but I could not allow him to transfer to a Barça opponent for the Champions League.


Messi's story in Barcelona is unique and I wish he had retired here. His case has nothing to do with those of Figo, Rivaldo, Neymar. "One of my huge efforts as president of Barcelona was for Messi to continue at the club."


Referring to the huge debt, he said: "Until March 2020 we had profits of over 100 million euros, but when the pandemic broke out we lost 555 million euros. Part of the debt is the bad valuations of footballers. For us, the pandemic meant the loss of 220 million euros. The fan must understand that the administration, up to the coronavirus, was in control of things and was approved by La Liga and UEFA ".


He then referred to the mistakes made: "Do not panic after the defeat by Liverpool, where a change had to be made. We had to have a general change. I listened to the players and I was wrong. We were going to reduce the damage financially and the pandemic destroyed us ".


For Ernesto Valverde: "Valverde's departure was made with the consent of the players. We all believed that a change was needed in the way of training and in the search for improvement.". Meanwhile, Barcelona with a beautiful video presented its ambitious plan for the reconstruction of "Camp Nou" and "Palau Blaugrana" with a horizon of 2023-24.


Thus, the management of the big club of Catalonia officially presented the project "Espai Barça" which concerns the reconstruction not only of the football field, but also of the indoor basketball and other facilities next to it, such as a pool for the polo department. of the club. All this was presented during the meeting of the regular members of Barcelona.


The time horizon of the projects concerns 2023-24 and the Camp Nou "after the renovation works will have a capacity of 105,000 spectators from the current 99,000, while the roof that will come from above will cover all the spectators of the stadium. In case of rain, there should be no problem for anyone.The total cost of the reconstruction works is expected to exceed 360,000,000 euros.



Another part of "Espai Barça" is the renovation of the basketball court, "Palau Blaugrana", which will now have 15,000 seats, as well as the new stadium "Estadio Johan Cruyff", which is intended for games of the academies and the women's team. Also in the area will be new offices and a hotel between the two stadiums.


   Post recientes


Nico  O`Reilly new star of Manchester City
Por Manos Staramopoulos 2 de abril de 2025
Nico O’Reilly is the reason why Manchester City did not exit the FA Cup and overturned Bournemouth, winning 2-1 to reach the semi-final at Wembley on 26 or 27 April
Carlo Ancelotti coach of Real Madrid`s
Por Manos Staramopoulos 27 de marzo de 2025
Brazil wants a new head coach after the defeat against Argentina 4-1 in Monumental Stadium. The italian coach is number one candidate.
James Rodriguez, fue uno de los jugadores de más bajo rendimiento  de Colombia ante Paraguay.
Por Juan Carlos Quiñonez Bonilla 26 de marzo de 2025
Colombia, termina esta fecha de eliminatorias confirmando que su nivel futbolistico sigue en picada. Y lo más preocupante es que no hay visos de recuperación. Nublado a nivel de ideas.
España igualó a dos con Países Bajos en la ida de cuartos de final de la UEFA Europa League.
Por Juan Carlos Quiñonez Bonilla 20 de marzo de 2025
La selección campeona de Europa extendió su racha de partidos invicto a 17, tras igualar a dos con los Países Bajos en Rotterdam
Gustavo Matosos en su etapa como entrenadxdor del CD León en 2014.
Por Teofilo Barrientos 18 de marzo de 2025
El entrenador de origen argentino fue determinante en el ascenso del Léon a la Primera División mexicana.
El Club Léon es el  principal escolta del América en la Liga MX.
Por Teófilo Barrientos 17 de marzo de 2025
El cuadro liderado por James Rodríguez, se enfrentará en Los Ángeles al Municipal de Guatemala.
Antonio Rudiger anotó  el  gol del triunfo en  la tanda de penaltis ante Atlético Madrid.
Por Juan Carlos Quiñonez Bonilla 12 de marzo de 2025
En una actuación floja en todo el partido, el cuadro de Carlo Ancelotti, tan sólo fue superior a su rival en la tanda de penaltis en donde venció 2-4. La polémica no faltó con un gol de penalti anulado a Julián Álvarez. Atlético Madrid mereció más.
Gigi Donnarumma goalkeeper of PSG
Por Manos Staramopoulos 12 de marzo de 2025
Donnarumma was the star of PSG's journey to the quarter-finals of UEFA Champions League.
FC Barcelona  will play qualified to Quarter finals offf Champions League.
Por Manos Staramopoulos 12 de marzo de 2025
Barça, qualified for the quarter-finals of the UEFA Champions League on Tuesday (11/3), scoring 3 goals against Benfica.
Share by: