PSG coach counters Nagelsmann: "It's not my style"

Manos Staramopoulos • 7 de febrero de 2023

Allegations between the PSG and Bayern coaches about the presence of Kylian Mbappé in the Champions League tie

Cristophe Galtier head coach of PSG

Does Paris Saint-Germain have to play against FC Bayern in the Champions League without Kylian Mbappé? The Parisians say yes. However, Julian Nagelsmann does not buy this story and senses a bluff. PSG coach Christophe Galtier has now firmly rejected this accusation.


When FC Bayern meets Paris Saint-Germain in the UEFA Champions League round of 16 on February 14, Kylian Mbappé, one of the best French players, will be missing - at least that's what the PSG officials announced last week. However, Bayern coach Julian Nagelsmann publicly questioned this account and suspected a bluff by the Parisians.


"I don't think he's going to be out. I don't know what he's got, it's relatively vague on their website. I can't imagine he's going to be out. Of course they can play poker and not report a structural injury," Nagelsmann said Friday at the Munich press conference.



PSG coach rejects Bayern allegations


PSG coach Christophe Galtier reacted to the Bayern coach's statements on Saturday after his team's league game against Toulouse (2-1) and relegated any bluffing theories to the realm of fables.


Galtier told Canal+ that he had no answer to Nagelsmann's statements. He read the comments, but didn't think about it beyond that.


The fact that his club is only faking Mbappé's failure is simply not true, Galtier reiterated. "It's not the club's style and it's not my style either," said the 56-year-old.


The Parisians had previously announced a three-week downtime for Mbappé. The superstar was injured in the league game against Montpellier and had to be replaced after just 21 minutes. If the stated break is confirmed, the striker will not be available again until the end of February in the league game against Marseille at the earliest. The second leg against FC Bayern takes place on March 8th in Munich.


   Post recientes


El Arsenal
Por Discoveryfootball.com 21 de agosto de 2026
El Arsenal ha iniciado la defensa de su título en esta Premier League, con un cómodo triunfo sobre el recién ascendido Coventry City. Victoria 3-0 para ya ser lider
Erling Haaland
Por Juan Carlos QB 20 de agosto de 2026
Erling Haaland será una vez más la gran solución a los retos ofensivos del Manchester City. Cuestionado tras la derrota ante el Arsenal, Erling, no es el foco
La Selección Colombia
Por Discoveryfootball.com 20 de agosto de 2026
La Selección Colombia se enfrentará a México, Paraguay y Perú en la triple fecha FIFA de septiembre y octubre con partidos que se disputarán en los Estados Unidos.
Todd Boehly
Por Manos Staramopoulos 19 de agosto de 2026
Todd Boehly and Mark Walter, two of the most powerful figures in American sports business, have held talks about selling their stakes in the London club. Boehly
Lautaro Martínez
Por Discoveryfootball.com 19 de agosto de 2026
El Barcelona maneja a Lautaro Martínez, atacante del Inter como primera opción a Julián Álvarez, pero el Inter lo considera intransferible. Lautaro no se toca
Rodri
Por Manos Staramopoulos 19 de agosto de 2026
Rodri is a signing that will bring more meaning and creativity to FC Barcelona's game. A different player, He`s new brain of Barça, from now its new leader.
Enzo Fernández.
Por Juan Carlos QB 17 de agosto de 2026
El cuadro "Blue" tras el deadline del viernes, tiene todo a su favor para cerrar un buen trato si el Manchester City decide ir en definitiva por Enzo Fernández.
Rodri
Por Manos Staramopoulos 17 de agosto de 2026
Rodri signs a contract until 2030, after the agreement between Barcelona and Manchester City for his signing. The transfer fee is close to 80 million euros.
Rodri
Por Discoveryfootball.com 16 de agosto de 2026
Ambos clubs han llegado a un acuerdo de transferencia cercano a los 80 millones de euros. El FC Barcelona, ficha a su mediocentro deseado, Rodri desde el City.